|Incident:||COVID 19||Situation Report:||COVID-19-148|
|Reporting Agency:||Suffolk County Emergency Operations Center|
|EOC Manager:||Ed Schneyer|
|Date & Time Period Reported:||July 31, 2020 – 1600 hour|
|Report Completed By:||Bruce Hoffman and Doug Shearer|
*Hospitalized numbers are from 7/30/2020
Confirmed Cases by Town as of 7/30/2020 13:10
Total Confirmed: 43,249 New Today: 149
End of Previous Day: 43,100
Township not known: 2,648 Total in CRM: 43,248 records
*Please note: Due to the nature of this event, numbers may differ from online sites.
- Suffolk EOC is operating at Level 3 the operational hours are 0800 hr. – 1600 hr. Monday – Friday, hours for Saturday are 0800 hr. – 1200 hr. Closed Sunday. Today is day 138 of this activation.
- ESF 5, ESF 8, ESF 13, and SC Sheriff’s representatives staffing the EOC.
- EOC staff scheduled for EOC operation through Saturday 8/8/20.
NEW YORK STATE: Yes
SUFFOLK COUNTY: Yes
0800 – FRES Commissioner Update CC
0830 – OEM / County Exec Update CC
Suffolk County schools are developing plans for in-school education, hybrid plans for in-school and remote learning, and full remote learning plans if it is unsafe to return this fall. The objective is to have all school district plans submitted to the NYS Education Department today.
NATIONAL / NEW YORK STATE INFORMATION
- The updated list of states on the travel advisory for required quarantine are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
o This is based upon a seven-day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.
- State of New York has reopened businesses in ten regions in four phases, with at least two weeks in between each phase. Currently all ten regions are at Phase Four of reopening. Industries included in Phase 4 (Arts / Entertainment / Recreation, Education) are low-risk outdoor and indoor arts & entertainment (museums, historic sites and gardens), media production, professional sports (without fans) and higher education. Please note bowling alleys, amusement parks and gyms/fitness centers are currently NOT eligible for re-opening in Phase 4.
|Morgue Census (in location)|
|ME County morgue||56||County Surge Conex storage||Out of service|
|Hospital surge Conex storage||21||Building 106||On Standby|
N0te: There was 1fatality yesterday in Suffolk County.
IMAT Planning Section has been established. See Incident Action Plan for complete details.
- Please see the 311 FAQ’s as of 28JUL20 for a comprehensive list of Covid-19 related information
- As of 1545 Today, 311 responded to 109 COVID-19 related calls, additionally they received 176 non-Covid calls.
- 14 Staff assigned 1 Logistics Chief, 1 Deputy Logistics Chief, 2 resource management staff, including Sheriff’s, DPW, SCPD and Probation.
MEDICAL SUPPLY POD
- The FRES Supply POD days and hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the operational period being 0800 to 1300. The FRES Supply POD operations are closed on weekends.
- At the close of operations on Friday (7/31), FRES POD, distributed 6,948,775 pieces of PPE to agencies to date. Today’s distribution was 36,265 pieces of PPE.
HEALTH & HOSPITALS
- To date over 473,746 people tested in Suffolk County 9.1 percent or over 43,224 of those tested positive for COVID-19. Yesterday 5,371 were tested in Suffolk County with 54 testing positive.
On July 30:
- 218,425 total tested for antibodies
- 23,322 individuals not previously tested for COVID-19 have tested positive for antibodies
- Countywide Hospitals (information from 7/30/20 NYS HERD):
- Hospital beds in County: 3,030; Hospital beds available 842 = 28%
- ICU beds in county: 394; ICU beds available 146 = 37%
- The State of New York received a Major Disaster Declaration FEMA-4480-DR for the COVID-19 Incident.
NEXT BRIEFING 8/1/20 – PM
Edward C. Schneyer
Director of Emergency Preparedness
Suffolk County Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services
Office Phone: 631-852-4904
Office Fax: 631-852-4922
Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management
Fishers Island Emergency Management Director
*Updates will be posted as they come in daily.