|Incident:||COVID 19||Situation Report:||COVID-19-187|
|Reporting Agency:||Suffolk County Emergency Operations Center|
|EOC Manager:||Joseph Trzepizur|
|Date & Time Period Reported:||September 23, 2020 – 1600 hour|
|Report Completed By:||Bruce Hoffman and Doug Shearer|
*Hospitalized numbers are from 9/22/2020
Confirmed Cases by Town as of 9/22/2020 13:13
Total Confirmed: 46,364 Additional cases reporting on date: 30
End of Previous Day: 46,334
Township not known: 2,727 Total in CRM: 46,363 records
*Please note: Due to the nature of this event, numbers may differ from online sites.
- Suffolk EOC is operating at Level 3 the operational hours are 0800 hr. – 1600 hr. Monday – Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday. Today is day 196 of this activation.
- ESF 5, ESF 8, ESF 13, and SC Sheriff’s representatives staffing the EOC.
- EOC staff scheduled for EOC operation through Friday 10/02/2020.
NEW YORK STATE: Yes
SUFFOLK COUNTY: Yes
0830 – OEM / County Exec Update CC
Governor Cuomo recently announced the launch of “The COVID-19 Report Card”, an online dashboard that tracks real-time COVID-19 infections and testing operations of every New York school and school district.
NATIONAL / NEW YORK STATE INFORMATION
The updated list (as of 9/22) of states on the travel advisory for required quarantine are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- IMAT Planning Section has been established. See Incident Action Plan for additional details. Planning Section will be operational on Tuesday and Thursday from 0800 to 1500 hrs.
- As of 1545 today, 311 responded to 133 COVID-19 related calls, they received 186 non-Covid calls.
LOGISTICS-ESF7 / MEDICAL SUPPLY POD
- 9 Staff assigned 1 Logistics Chief, 1 Deputy Logistics Chiefs, 2 resource management staff, including Sheriff’s, and Probation.
- The FRES Supply POD was closed today. The POD will operate this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 0800-1300.
- As of the close of operations on Tuesday (9/22) 1,518 pieces of PPE were distributed bringing the total FRES POD, distributed 7,222,686 pieces of PPE to agencies to date.
HEALTH & HOSPITALS
- To date over 789,638 people tested in Suffolk County 5.9 percent or over 46,208 of those tested positive for COVID-19. Yesterday 5,254 were tested in Suffolk County with 32 testing positive.
- On September 22:
– 262,631 total tested for antibodies
– 27,904 individuals not previously tested for COVID-19 have tested positive for antibodies
- Countywide Hospitals (information from 9/22/20 NYS HERD):
– Hospital beds in County: 3,022; Hospital beds available 721 = 24%
– ICU beds in county: 378; ICU beds available 101 = 27%
- The State of New York received a Major Disaster Declaration FEMA-4480-DR for the COVID-19 Incident.
NEXT BRIEFING 9/24/20 – PM
Joseph Trzepizur, EOC Manager
Office of Emergency Preparedness
Suffolk County Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services
Office Phone: 631-852-4904
Office Fax: 631-852-4922
Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management
Bruce Hoffman, Training Officer
Suffolk County Fire Rescue and Emergency Services
Office of Emergency Management
102 East Avenue, Yaphank, New York 11980
Fishers Island Emergency Management Director
*Updates will be posted as they come in.