Dear Island Community,
As you are aware, we have worked diligently over the past 10 months to keep the community informed about the pandemic and its effect on the island. As that goal continues through the holidays we wanted to inform you that 2 family groupings have recently had a total of 8 people testing positive in the last week of December. Some of these positive individuals are FI School children.
Many of you may already be aware of this situation but for those that are not please be assured that 1) IHP has conducted a complete contact tracing of contacts on the island and off, 2) the school is proactively working with IHP to ensure all appropriate individuals get tested, at the appropriate time, and 3) the families are in self-quarantine.
Dependent on the time of exposure, more testing was done before the new year, and at this writing today, all have come back negative with one unrelated pending result.
Once again we remind you to please stay VIGILANT. Wear your mask when in public, avoid large groups, and wash your hands frequently.
Our island has survived for ten months relatively safely, please for your sake and the health of others, test before you arrive, isolate until negative results are received, and let’s continue good practices into 2021.
Dr. Christopher Ingram
Our guidance is this:
- ISOLATION means that positive cases and their families are strictly isolated to their houses, and to rooms within houses, to limit intra-family spread. Nobody from that household should be out for 14 days.
- QUARANTINE means you should not leave your property, cannot go inside the stores or post office, and should not interact with others.
- Read these step-by-step, do-it-yourself (DIY) instructions for getting enrolled with IHP and MyChart, tested, and “with the program!”
- Please test off-Island on your way here. We can help you arrange it with YNHH if needed. Test results are now taking 2-4 days, so please isolate while waiting for your results.
- Re-test if you think you are at risk or if your result is out of date – but do it soon!
- Continue social distancing and good hygiene, stay within your known cohorts, as you have been.
- Seasonal residents should try to get flu shots off-Island, although we will gear up for more requests than usual (in a normal year, we do about 100).
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the IHP Off-Season Census do not hesitate to reach out via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. With your help, we can continue to protect the Fishers Island community.
Resources: To find all the Fishers Island information, please visit this link: COVID-19
As always, do not hesitate to call or text Dr. Ingram at 917-903-3516 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and need medical advice.
Contact tracing team: FICOVID@FIIHP.NET
Island Health Project (IHP): IHP office, MyChart or ordering a test follow the DIY instructions first, then call the 631-788-7244 or email email@example.com.