RE: Small Business Administration (SBA) – Economic Injury Disaster Loans (DR-4480) COVID-19
Dear Suffolk County Business Partner:
On March 20, 2020, the State of New York received a Major Disaster Declaration FEMA-4480-DR from President Trump for the COVID-19 Incident.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has established a disaster declaration for New York which makes available Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) for small businesses in New York State. The objective of the EIDLs it to provide working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. Please find the attached information from the SBA providing program details and application information.
Please do not hesitate to contact OEM.Recovery@suffolkcountyny.gov , should you have any questions.
NYSDOL – UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS AND SMALL BUSINESS GUIDANCE
- To file a claim log on to: https://applications.labor.ny.gov/IndividualReg/
- NYSDOL is implementing a new more efficient filing system based on the first letter of the applicant’s last name (alphabetical order).
- Here is the step-by-step process for filing; A – F : Monday G – N : Tuesday O – Z : Wednesday Missed your day : Thursday and Friday Filing later in the week will not delay payments or affect the date of an individual’s claim, since all claims are effective on the Monday of the week in which they are filed.
Small Business Guidance- NYS
- All businesses and counties are advised to reach out to their regional ESD office (https://esd.ny.gov/about-us/contact-us) and DHSES for small business info (http://www.dhses.ny.gov/index.cfm). They will be coordinating, assisting, and communicating once NYS has received its approval.
- ESD’s Coronavirus FAQ for Businesses: https://esd.ny.gov/novel-coronavirus-faq-businesses
- USDOL COVID-19 Information: https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus; and
- Unemployment Insurance COVID-19 Information: https://labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.shtm.
- NYS Paid Family Leave: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/
- Paid Sick Leave bill: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/GPB_9_PAID_SICK_LEAVE_BILL.pdf
- COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave guidance: https://www.governor.ny.gov/paid-sick-leave-covid-19-impacted-new-yorkers/emergency-covid-19-paid-sick-leave
- Guidance for Employees: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/COVID_Sick_Leave_Employees_3-18-20_1.pdf
- Guidance for Businesses: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/COVID_Sick_Leave_Employers_3-18-20_1.pdf