The 23rd Annual Fishers Island Churches Golf Classic will be held on Sunday, May 19, 2019 at the Fishers Island Club. This Golf Classic is a tournament held for the benefit of the three Island churches. The tournament is supported by the community through donations of time, gifts, tee sponsorships, auction items and tournament proceeds. The money raised from this tournament is split between the three permanent churches. Last year all three churches received $10,500.00 each thanks to the hard work of the committee and generosity of the public.
Even if you are not a golfer you can help by:
- Buying raffle tickets for our great prizes which include 4 tickets to the Yankees/Red Sox game, Fishers Island Oysters, $200 landscaping gift certificate, Massage by Healing Hands, Flowering tree planted on the island, Fuel gift certificate, Dinner for 4 at the Pequot, TiggyHealth group lessons, plus more.
- Going online at fichurchesclassic.com, clicking on “Go to Online Auction” and bidding on the auction items. Items include Two Tournament Teams (5 players) to play in the May 19, 2019 tournament; Home Garbage Pickup for 2019; A Private Tour of the Intrepid for six; and 4 tickets to the Yankees/Cleveland game 08/07/19. Check the auction offerings often, more auction items will continue to be added.
- Donating an auction item or team gifts.
- Becoming a sponsor with a financial donation made out to the FI Churches Golf Tournament and sent to P.O. Box 625, Fishers Island, NY 06390.
- Supplying prizes for the event.
- Volunteering to sell raffle tickets.
- Volunteering at the tournament itself.
If there are any questions, contact any committee member. The committee includes Laurie Finan, Joe Rogan, Gail Cypherd, Diane Dexter, Matt Edwards, Dirk Harris, John Klimczak, Ace Ahrens and Tom Doherty. We are always looking for volunteers to help, especially the day of the tournament. Contact Laurie Finan at 860-803-2963 if you can help. We always welcome volunteers to serve on the committee.
This is a wonderful way to support our Fishers Island Community.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR THE THREE CHURCHES CLASSIC GOLF TOURNAMENT
11-12:30 pm: Sign-in and BBQ at the FI Fire House
Check in at the Fishers Island Club no later than 12:45
Shotgun start of the tournament starts 1:00 pm
Dinner, awards and final auction at the Pequot around 5 after completion of the tournament.
Raffle drawing at 1:00 pm after the Memorial Day Parade (Sunday, May 26, 2019) at the American Legion.