FI Ferry Alert – October 17, 2020 Added Trip
There are no fuel trips on Saturday, October 17th therefore the 11:30am / 12:45pm trip will be run instead.
In addition, the October schedule has a slight revision and the November schedule has been posted. Both schedules can be found on the FI Ferry website.
In October there will be big changes to ferry operations. On October 15th the MV Race Point will go out of service for over five months for its biannual shipyard work and a major re-power project. The MV Munnatawket will be the exclusive ferry and open deck space will be limited.
With effect October 1st the following changes will occur:
- The 11:30/12:45 trip on Wednesday and Saturday will be canceled.
- There will be fuel cargo trips 9:30/10:30 AM & 1:00/2:00 PM those days, however, these are demand-based trips with limited passenger availability and stand-by vehicles only.
- Please refer to the ferry website’s charter section on the day of travel to confirm specific trip availability.
Saturday freight will also be changing:
- The New London freight office will be closed on Saturday.
- Weekends there will be no Instacart or other food deliveries accepted.
- Saturday freight on Fishers Island will be 7:30 – 8:30 AM and 10:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Rx will be transported, but for trips other than the 7:00/8:15 AM, if it is not picked up from the captain it will be returned to New London.
The 6:15/7:00 PM trip on Saturday has been reinstated.
The Ferry District will consider any extenuating circumstances and will work with customers to make it happen.
These will be challenging times to operate the ferry. We acknowledge that it will cause some inconveniences and we appreciate your understanding.