These are the step-by-step, do-it-yourself (DIY) instructions for getting enrolled, tested, and “with the program!”
Steps 1-3 are “DIY “Do It Yourself:
- FILL OUT THE CENSUS ONLINE: Every individual in the household should fill out the form at the link here FINY COVID-19 Resident/Visitor Census or FINY COVID-19 Commuting Worker Census
- FILL OUT PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM AND EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: This is for the purposes of registering you as a patient in the Yale New Haven system. If you don’t already regularly get healthcare in CT in the YNHH system, you will have to complete this step. Before you call the doctor’s office, print, fill out, and scan these forms for everyone in the household: Registration Form and Privacy / Emergency Contact/HIPPA Form
- SCAN AND EMAIL THOSE TWO FORMS TO THE DOCTOR’S OFFICE: Email the forms, with your name and phone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical history form not required.
We will help you with Steps 4-7:
- DON’T CALL US WE’LL CALL YOU.
The Island Health Project doctor’s office will use your forms to complete your registration with YNHH. Then, we will contact you to (1) send a unique link to your phone to sign up for the Yale New Haven MyChart app (distinct from MyChart in other healthcare systems!). This is a medical record and patient portal where you can get your COVID-19 test results.
- USE THE LINK IHP SENDS YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE MYCHART APP on your phone, OR LOGIN ON computer: Once you have completed steps 1-4 in order, this is easy. It will also be set up to email you.
- INSTRUCT US TO ORDER THE COVID-19 TEST IN THE YNHH SYSTEM:
This step must be done by a physician. We place your test order in the system, but we don’t schedule it (scheduling is up to you- see Step 7). PLEASE do this ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE before your test if you possibly can!
- CALL THE TESTING HOTLINE TO SCHEDULE:
After the test has been ordered, call 1-203-688-3355, and you will speak to someone about which location and time works best for you. The below testing windows at each hospital testing location are provided to help you plan your test; they are correct to the best of our knowledge but always subject to change and not under our control:
>New London L&M Hospital:8 am – 245 pm, 7 days a week.
>Greenwich Hospital: Mon-Fri 730 am -415 pm, and Sat/Sun 9 am-1245 pm.
>New Haven 8 am-245 pm, 7 days. Limited hours on weekends. Weekends are busiest.
>Westerly, Mon-Fri 8 am-1215 pm, Sat/Sun 8-1055am
- IHP / Doctor’s office phone number, 631-788-7244
- Chris Ingram mobile, 917-903-3516
- Give us advance notice when ordering your test, ideally ONE WEEK