FishersIsland.net has moved to a new host with a new look to celebrate the 10th year! As we launched the new site in January and transitioned to our new space we are tweaking along the way.
One of the main reasons for the change is to remain compatible with ever-changing internet platforms (WordPress) that keep evolving. Since we had to do a “maintenance” update that affected the entire website – we took this opportunity to review and refresh the website content. This includes cleaner revised page layouts intended to make it easier to find certain information based on categories. We have loved our site but as we celebrate the start of our 10th year it was time for a refresh!
Like any website, it is best viewed on a laptop or tablet, but this will scale to a phone as well.
A few stand-out improvements:
- The category headings on the home page and other spots on the site all lead to more content ‘tagged’ to that subject. For example, click on the Bulletin Board or Programs & Events headings and you will find more of the same.
- On the Home page, (which you can get to from anywhere by clicking on the FishersIsland.net logo) we have added a special button for Town of Southold Meetings. You will find the notices there and the events on the Island calendar.
- The Directory has been expanded to include more On Island businesses and organizations. Please let us know if you would like yours added or edited. There are reasonable advertising opportunities for Off Island businesses that serve Fishers to be included in the Directory as well.
- Speaking of Advertising. Find the 2023 opportunities and rates HERE
- The Photo Gallery has a new layout and we welcome your contributions of images!
- An exciting update is the Island History found in the About tab at the top of any page. Pierce Rafferty has shared some amazing images from the HLF Museum’s archives.
- Also in About you will find a new section, Sustainability, check it out when you have a minute.
- So, click around, and find what might be hiding in a dropdown tab or photo collection. Let us know what you think, make suggestions, and be reminded about the special and unique place we have here!
If you incur any problems with the website during this time, please contact Jane at email@example.com with questions or to report any links that might be ‘broken’. Thank you for your patience and assistance.
Note: The Fog Horn newsletter is sent on or about the 1st of each month, so if you want to be a NEW subscriber, please scroll to the bottom of this page and sign up today!
A special thank you to everyone – especially Beth Jepsen who created the new site – along with colleagues, friends, family, and readers who edited, contributed, and made suggestions during this redesign.
Find out how to support the Island’s
communication efforts by clicking the link below.