RFP for Internet Access
Fishers Island Union Free School District Request for Proposals for Internet Services
Closing Date: September 19, 2022 (12:00 p.m. EST)
RFP for Internet Access
Fishers Island Union Free School District (FIUFSD) seeks proposals for fiber Internet service in support of teaching and learning programs at Fishers Island School.
Proposals of 150 Mbps service or greater to Fishers Island School is requested. Service proposals should include monthly pricing as well as a breakdown of setup costs. Service proposals should also include estimate date of completion. Multi-year pricing is encouraged. Note that FIUFSD is a tax exempt public school system.
1. The connection(s) shall be a minimum of 150 Mbps non-filtered, dedicated Internet connectivity. All equipment must be able to pass all FIUFSD traffic utilizing standard TCP/IP protocols.
2. The proposal must include all costs including, but not limited to, initial setup costs, monthly costs, and any associated equipment costs.
E-RATE Terms and Conditions
1. The Service Provider must be able to offer E-Rate discounts for the proposed service. The District expects Service Providers to make themselves thoroughly familiar with any rules or regulations regarding the E-rate program. Service Providers are required to be in full compliance with all current requirements and future requirements.
2. Service Providers are responsible for providing a valid SPIN (Service Provider Identification Number). Service Providers are responsible for providing evidence of FCC Green Light Status at the time the bid is submitted. Any potential provider found to be in Red Light Status may be disqualified during the proposal review process.
3. Within (1) week of award, the awarded Service Provider will provide the District with a bill of materials suitable for the Form 471. Approval for any deviation from the Form 471 must be obtained from District. Subsequent schedules of values and invoices for each site must match the Form 417 or subsequent service substitutions.
- Description of proposed internet setup and infrastructure.
- Proposal price details, including all costs for setup and service during the contract period.
- Description and estimation of NRC build charges and fees, if applicable.
- E-Rate Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN) must be included.
- Implementation plan, including timeline showing full implementation and date of expected completion.
- 6. Contact information for all services, including billing, orders, technical support, and E-Rate program concerns.
- Two references from current internet customers.
Proposal Due Date: Monday, September 19, 2022 (12:00 P.M. EST)
FIUFSD reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, award a partial contract, and award contracts in the best interest of the District. Any proposal that does not meet the minimum requirements in this RFP will be excluded from evaluation.
Please submit all proposal files via email to: Christian Arsenault (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other Selection Criteria
1. Alternatives, variations and exceptions must be clearly stated.
2. We reserve the right to consider proposals based on their relative merit, risk and value to our school district.
3. We reserve the right to negotiate with any vendor. The successful vendors may be asked to participate in negotiations and be asked to make revisions to their proposals based on these negotiations.
4. We reserve the right to cancel in part or in full, this RFP if it is in the best interest of our students.
5. This RFP does not commit us to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a response to this request, or to procure or contract for services or equipment.
6. Where the quantity purchased effects the price per unit, the vendor is to indicate the price break points in relation to the number of units.
7. Product pricing shall be in effect for the period covered by this USF application.
8. The vendor’s proposal will indicate the product’s availability and a delivery timetable.
9. All bids must be itemized and include the per unit and total extended cost of items. Any and all delivery, shipping, and insurance charges must also be listed.
10. In submitting a bid, each vendor represents that they have read and understand these requirements.
11. Any USF ineligible components will be broken out by the vendor, with separate costs for each component. If ineligible components cannot be cost allocated and are part of the standard product offering, the vendor will include a signed statement to that effect.
12. Month-to-month services are preferred when possible, to ease USF paperwork and limit long term commitments and termination fees, but the district reserves the right to choose the length of commitment that best serves the district, including multiple year contracts.
Vendors must be an authorized re-seller of the products that they propose.
Vendors must list the certifications that they posses that are relevant to the products or work they propose.
Vendors may be asked to provide references related to product installation, financial stability, support services and/or understanding of educational computing needs.
Vendors are required to comply with all USF and FCC regulations, including but not limited to document retention requirements.
Vendors are required to have a valid Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN) number and have filed a current Service Provider Annual Certification (SPAC).
Vendors will bill for all products and/or work in accordance with all Erate rules and regulations.
Rejection of Proposals
The District reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive any minor discrepancies or technicalities in the proposal or specifications, or in the event that the Universal Service Funding, which is required to complete this project fails, or when deemed to be in the best interest of the District.