Working Papers (Employment Certificate) for NY State

Employment Certificates (Working Papers) for teens can be obtained in the main office at Fishers Island School by appointment only, most weeks M-Th from 9am until 1pm.

Please email the School Administrative Assistant Aly Horn at if you have questions or to make an appointment.

All 14-17 year olds who work in New York State are required to have an employment certificate. As a reminder, all kids will need:

  • the completed application – signed by a parent
  • a physical from the last 12 months
  • and a valid ID (passport, license, or birth cert).

To find out what is required and to download the application please visit the NY State Dept. of Labor website here:

Alysanne Horn
Administrative Assistant
Fishers Island School

Check Also

Library Book Club: High Fidelity Book & a Movie

We will meet next at the library on Tuesday, August 16 at 5:00pm at the Theater. Movie (rated R) starts at 6:00pm. All are invited! See Movie Preview here!