NOTICE OF HEARINGS ON WETLAND/COASTAL EROSION HAZARD AREA APPLICATIONS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT PUBLIC HEARINGS WILL BE HELD AS AN IN-PERSON MEETING BY THE TOWN TRUSTEES OF THE TOWN OF SOUTHOLD ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2022 AT OR ABOUT 5:30 PM ON THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS FOR PERMITS UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE WETLAND/COASTAL EROSION HAZARD AREA ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS WILL BE AN IN-PERSON MEETING ONLY WITH NO OPTION TO PARTICIPATE VIA A ZOOM BASED WEBINAR.
To view the application files please visit: https://www.southoldtownny.gov At the bottom of the picture on the main screen click on the second button from the right “Town Records, Weblink/Laserfiche”; go to bottom of page and click on “pg. 2”; click on “Trustees” folder; click on “Applications”; click on “Pending”; all files are listed by name in alphabetical order. Click on the name of the application to view the file.
Written comments may also be submitted via email to the Trustees Clerks at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Said comments will be considered at the public hearing provided that they are submitted no later than 12:00 P.M. (Prevailing Time) on the day of the public hearing.
- LAURA FINAN requests a Wetland Permit and a Coastal Erosion Permit to reconstruct ±114 linear feet of pile supported pier of which ±97 linear feet is 5’ wide and ±17 linear feet is 8’ wide; reconstruction to include new rails, cross bracing, water and electric utilities, and a davit; relocate an 8’x±20 linear foot floating dock and restraint piles ±1’ southeast; along southerly side of fixed pier, construct a new 6’ wide by ±7 linear foot long pile supported cantilevered ramp landing with rails; install a new 3.5’x±18 linear foot long hinged float access ramp; install a new 7’x4’ kayak platform with grate deck or Yakport off of easterly side of floating dock; install four (4) new tie-off piles; install 4’ wide pile supported beach access stairs with rails and grate treads; all waterward of the apparent high tide water line. Located: Hedge Street, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-10-7-14
- DANA DIDRIKSEN requests a Wetland Permit and a Coastal Erosion Permit to construct ±130 linear feet of 4’ wide fixed wood pile supported pier in which ±73 linear feet is waterward of the Mean High Water Line and ±86 linear feet is waterward of the Apparent High Water Line; proposed pier to include rails, water/electric utilities, two tie-off piles, two (2) ladders, and a removable pile restrained ships ladder; also to establish a wood chip access path through the brush landward of the Apparent High Water Line. Located: 6180 Clay Point Road, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-2-1-6
- GEDDES PARSONS requests a Wetland Permit and a Coastal Erosion Permit to remove the existing 5’x81’ fixed dock and piles (16), 3’x20’ ramp and 9’x18’ floating dock; construct a proposed 5’x81’ fixed dock secured by sixteen (16) piles; install a 4’x16’ adjustable ramp; and install an 8’x18.5’ floating dock situated in an “I” configuration and secured by four (4) piles; and to replace the five (5) existing tie-off piles as needed. Located: 515 Sterling Street, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-10-9-3.1
- KATHLEEN D. COLLINS & PAULINE C. HEENEY (EXC.) requests a Wetland Permit for the existing 3.5’x21’ fixed dock secured by four (4) 4”x4” posts; a 3’x12.5’ ramp; a 6.5’x33’ floating dock secured by four (4) 4”x4” posts; and a 6’x12’ floating dock situated in an “L” configuration; propose to replace eight (8) 4”x4” posts with eight (8) 10” diameter piles and install two (2) 10” diameter tie-off piles. Located: 1457 Peninsula Road, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-10-4-15.1
- FISHERS ISLAND ORDINANCE BUILDING, LLC requests a Wetland Permit and a Coastal Erosion Permit for the interior renovation of the existing ±182.3’ long two-story building; install concrete entry steps; install a new ±40’x140’ paved courtyard on landward side of building; install landscaping; install a parking area landward of courtyard, and bike racks; and to install roof drainage and new underground utilities. Located: 530 Fox Lane, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-12-1-2
- MARILYN ROSENBERG requests a Wetland Permit for the existing dwelling measuring approximately 14.4’x34.4’ with a one-story addition approximately 10.7’x20.6’; existing 20.5’x12.9’ screened porch with a 4’x4’ exit landing; existing 6.10’x14.4’ deck to remain and relocate existing ±3.8’ wide by 3.0’ long deck stair from east side to north side; propose to demolish the existing one-story addition section and portion of dwelling (project meets Town Code definition of demolition) and replace with a 42’x11.9’ two-story addition; install a new concrete block foundation for new addition; remove existing seaward side deck and outdoor shower enclosure; install a new I/A sanitary system and a dry well for stormwater management; the area of the additional footprint is 277sq.ft. and the total area of new construction is 494sq.ft. Located: 1952 Peninsula Road, Fishers Island. SCTM# 1000-10-3-13
ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN SAID MATTERS SHOULD ATTEND IN PERSON AT THE TIME AND PLACE ABOVE SPECIFIED AND WILL BE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD. APPLICATIONS MAY BE REVIEWED AND COMMENTS MAY BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING UP TO 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE HEARING.
Senior Office Assistant
Town of Southold
Board of Trustees
Published May 26, 2022