Job Title: 1.0 FTE Music Teacher (Grades K-12)
Fishers Island is a small community that is part of Suffolk County, NY. Accessible only by boat from Southeastern Connecticut, our PreK-12 school has an approximate annual enrollment of 65 students. The island is home to approximately 250 year-round residents and our school population is a mix of island residents and tuition-paying Connecticut residents who commute daily. The Fishers Island Union Free School District Board of Education is seeking a highly qualified 1.0 FTE Music Teacher to begin in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Plan and teach music courses for students in grades K-12 including Elementary General Music, Chorus, Band, Instrumental Lessons, Music Technology, and Music Theory.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and talents.
- Enable all students to pursue individual interests and become active participants in setting their own educational goals and managing their own learning.
- Teach and model safe classroom skills and promote hands-on learning.
- Promote and model citizenship, responsibility, and innovative thinking.
- Design, develop and evaluate learning experiences incorporating effective, contemporary tools and resources to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes identified in NY state and national standards
- Continuously improve professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit school leadership.
Requirements: Current NY State Certification or Eligibility for NY State Certification Required.
Benefits: Highly competitive salary and benefits per teacher contract. Faculty housing available.
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Location of Assignment-Fishers Island, NY
Applications: Full Applications Due by May 13, 2022
Interested, qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, certification, and 3 letters of reference to: Principal Christian Arsenault at MusicApplications@fischool.com.