Here’s How You Can Show Proof of Vaccination in New York City
There are a few main ways to prove you are vaccinated, Mr. de Blasio said: a new app released by the city, called NYC Covid Safe; the state’s Excelsior Pass; or by simply showing your paper vaccination card or a copy of your official vaccination record. ~ NYT article updated 8/23/21
- Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
- Print your Pass or use the Excelsior Pass Wallet app to store Passes on a mobile device for easy access at any time.
- Easily present your Pass at participating businesses and become part of New York’s safe reopening. Businesses will scan your Pass with a mobile device or tablet.
- To receive your Pass, you’ll need to complete some brief information to verify your identity.
For Fishers POD, completed March 28, as of April 11 you are considered “fully vaccinated”.
The Fishers Island POD is in the Excelsior APP. Best to open the link below on your phone or tablet rather than a desktop or laptop. (It goes into your Apple Wallet better from the phone if you are an Apple customer. Assuming that is also the case for android.)
You can print it out, take a screenshot, save the photo and also add it to your wallet.
When you are done, you may notice the pass has a 6-month expiration date – a policy by NYS, however, anyone can pull down another pass after their current one expires. Just open the app and follow the instructions to update the expiration date to 365 days past your last vaccine shot.
FI residents who got vaccinated in CT – Connecticut and other states are working on C-19 Vac passes, so if you were vaccinated in a state other than NY, at this point you will need to wait for that app.
Let’s get started.
Will you be able to get a Pass?
You may retrieve a Pass if you have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days AND,
- You have been fully vaccinated in the State of New York AND it has been 14 days or longer since your final shot, OR
- You had a PCR test administered in the State of New York in the last 3 days and the result was negative, OR
- You had an antigen test administered in the State of New York in the last 6 hours and the result was negative.
If you’re eligible to retrieve a Pass, have your vaccination or testing records handy, click the button below and enter a few details.
Any personal information will be used in compliance with data protection laws and will not be used for marketing purposes. ~ NYS
What if I was vaccinated outside of N.Y. or the United States?
People vaccinated in the United States can still use the city’s app, the paper card, and most likely, a photo on their smartphone of their paper card.
New Yorkers vaccinated out of state can also get an Excelsior Pass, if they ask their health care provider to upload that information to the New York vaccine registries, the state said. (from https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/04/nyregion/nyc-vaccine-pass-answers.html)