The ICB would like to thank this year’s candidates and the community as a whole for participating in this year’s election for a new seasonal and year-round representative to serve a three-year term beginning at the October meeting.
We are pleased to announce that more than 500 community members voted.
The newly elected representatives are Staley Sednaoui as the year-round representative and John McGillian as the seasonal representative.
Additionally, the suggested changes to the ICB By-Laws were approved by a majority vote of over 94%.August 15, 2021
The Island Community Board elected representatives are pleased to present this year’s election information. ICB members will be voting on the revisions to the ICB By-Laws and for their next elected representative.
Voting starts on Monday, August 16 at 9:00 am and will end at 5:00 pm on Friday, August 20 online. And, in person ONLY from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday-Friday, August 16-20 at the Community Center.
- UPDATES TO THE ICB BY-LAWS, which govern how the organization functions and acts, are made from time to time. The summary of the recommended updates to the By-Laws incorporates thoughtful feedback and recent comments from the community. They are straightforward:
- Clarify the definition of “quorum” among elected representatives
- Clarify that it is elected representatives who have voting responsibilities, representing the community that has elected them.
These by-law revisions are on the August 2021 ballot for the ICB membership’s approval. Concluding the vote, ultimately, we intend to adopt them at the September ICB meeting.
Please click the link below for more details:
- ELECTING REPRESENTATIVES Current Seasonal Reps are George de Menil, Dicky Riegel, and Willard Soper. Current Year-Round Reps are Meg Atkin, Nate Malinowski, and Candy Whitman. Dicky Riegel and Candy Whitman each served as a representative for 2 three-year terms. (The ICB by-laws require elected reps to step off for at least 1 year after serving for 2 consecutive terms.)
Fishers Island ICB members are age 18 and over and self-select as a seasonal or year-round community member voting for 1 candidate in your chosen category.
As always, Fishers Island ICB year-round residents may only vote to elect (1) Year-round candidate and seasonal residents may only vote to elect (1) Seasonal representative, each for an initial three-year term.
- Two Seasonal candidates, John McGillian and Ted Rogers, have stepped forward to run.
- Two Year-Round candidates, Tara Scott and Staley Sednaoui, have stepped forward to run.
You will find the candidates’ statements in the link here:
The candidate with the most votes in their identified category will fill the open 3-year term of Seasonal or Year-Round Representative.
Voting from 9AM Monday, August 16
until 5PM Friday, August 20, 2021
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS ELECTION