August 18, 2021
Dear Fishers Islanders,
We have one positive case from Sunday in a vaccinated subject who contracted it off Island in Florida. All in the family, but a child under 12, have been vaccinated and all have tested negative. Contact tracing has been done and all recent contacts have tested negative. The subject and all family members are isolating. Two of the six will be leaving the island in the next few days and the rest will remain here in confinement until clear.
Here are the newest CDC Guidelines which IHP is following in case one finds themselves in a similar predicament: CDC Symptoms Guidelines
Updates will be posted on FishersIsland.net as information is available.
This recent situation is an additional reminder that COVID-19 is still very much among us and EVERYONE needs to do their level best to be safe and keep others safe.
- Please wear masks when indoors in public situations, wash your hands and be cautious.
- People traveling to Fishers from a hot spot should get tested before coming and after arrival.
Dr. Christopher Ingram
Physician in Residence, Fishers Island
Here are a few more IHP recommendations:
If you ARE vaccinated:
- Please send a copy (photo or scan) of you CDC Vaccination Record to IHP for your records at the doctor’s office. Email Dianna.Shillo@LMHosp.org
- You DO NOT need to have a COVID-19 test before coming to the Island.
IHP is highly supportive of the COVID-19 vaccine and strongly recommends that people ‘on the fence’ get vaccinated. Dr. Ingram and his staff are available to answer any questions one may have.
If you ARE NOT vaccinated:
- You DO need to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before you return to the island and send IHP a copy of your negative test.
- You will need to continue vigorous testing as you may be in contact with someone who is exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms and may be contagious.
- All unvaccinated adults and children must wear masks when indoors and when unable to social distance outdoors.
- You must wear a mask when anyone comes to do work at your place of residence or employment.
The vaccine is readily available to anyone. Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination. Find an appointment near your zip code on vaccines.gov or Call 1-800-232-0233 for more information.
(Map example for 25 miles within 06390 on 8/18/21 – Click the map image to reach the real live map on vaccine.gov)
Note: Please contact the Doctor’s Office if you, a member of your household, guest, or business, are experiencing symptoms indicative of coronavirus or not feeling well. Tests are available and easily accessible on Island.
Resources: To find all the Fishers Island information, please visit this link: COVID-19
As always, do not hesitate to call or text Dr. Ingram at 917-903-3516 if you are experiencing COVID-19 or any symptoms and need medical advice.
We depend on FishersIsland.net to disseminate updates through the website and mailing lists, and we appreciate their help in helping us get the word out. If you are not already a subscriber to FishersIsland.net’s mailing list please visit the link below to subscribe today.
To subscribe to the Fog Horn and Special Enewsletters scroll down this page to the page footer, and fill in the information for a free subscription.
Please feel free to pass this on to others.