The IHP was made aware today that a Race Rock employee, Clayton Bunn (Clayton gave permission to publish his name), discovered today that his wife, a healthcare worker, tested positive for the Coronavirus this morning. His wife is asymptomatic and was tested as a routine of her workplace.
Clayton himself is asymptomatic and has now been tested. He has been in the proximity of others over the last 2 days which the IHP is investigating for contract tracing purposes. In particular, Clayton has had brief masked contact with a few fellow employees at Race Rock as well as masked contact with fellow workers on the Popeye commuter ferry both yesterday and today, January 5 and 6. He rode the 7:30 am ferry to the island yesterday and today and the 4:30 pm ferry back to Noank yesterday.
The IHP is arranging consultation today with all relevant contacts and arranging testing this Friday and again next week. If you believe yourself to have had contact with Clayton in the last 4-5 days (since January 2) and have not been contacted, please call Dr. Ingram at 917-903-3516.
We recommend strongly that the community raise its guard at this moment in particular with more updates to be published on FishersIsland.net as information is available.
Thank you for your diligence.
Our guidance is this:
- ISOLATION means that positive cases and their families are strictly isolated to their houses, and to rooms within houses, to limit intra-family spread. Nobody from that household should be out for 14 days.
- QUARANTINE means you should not leave your property, cannot go inside the stores or post office, and should not interact with others.
- Read these step-by-step, do-it-yourself (DIY) instructions for getting enrolled with IHP and MyChart, tested, and “with the program!”
- Please test off-Island on your way here. We can help you arrange it with YNHH if needed. Test results are now taking 2-4 days, so please isolate while waiting for your results.
- Re-test if you think you are at risk or if your result is out of date – but do it soon!
- Continue social distancing and good hygiene, stay within your known cohorts, as you have been.
- Seasonal residents should try to get flu shots off-Island, although we will gear up for more requests than usual (in a normal year, we do about 100).
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the IHP Off-Season Census do not hesitate to reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. With your help, we can continue to protect the Fishers Island community.
Resources: To find all the Fishers Island information, please visit this link: COVID-19
As always, do not hesitate to call or text Dr. Ingram at 917-903-3516 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and need medical advice.
Contact tracing team: FICOVID@FIIHP.NET
Island Health Project (IHP): IHP office, MyChart or ordering a test follow the DIY instructions first, then call the 631-788-7244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.