As of Sunday morning January 17, 2021, we have learned of three new positive cases. One is isolating at home on Fishers Island and has had next to no contact with others. The two other positive individuals, Jeanie and Geb Cook, who asked to be named, are isolating at home off-island.
Contact tracing has begun and approximately 20 people will be tested tomorrow and Tuesday, January 18 and 19. We anticipate there will be good results as contact was very limited and while following protocols.
[UPDATE Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021: As of this morning, everyone contacted on and off island, and tested Monday and Tuesday of this week, has received a negative result.]
This situation is an additional reminder that COVID-19 is still very much among us and EVERYONE needs to do their level best to be safe and keep others safe.
Any further updates will be posted on FishersIsland.net as information is available.
Thank you for your diligence.
Our guidance is this:
- ISOLATION means that positive cases and their families are strictly isolated to their houses, and to rooms within houses, to limit intra-family spread. Nobody from that household should be out for 14 days.
- QUARANTINE means you should not leave your property, cannot go inside the stores or post office, and should not interact with others.
- Read these step-by-step, do-it-yourself (DIY) instructions for getting enrolled with IHP and MyChart, tested, and “with the program!”
- Please test off-Island on your way here. We can help you arrange it with YNHH if needed. Test results are now taking 2-4 days, so please isolate while waiting for your results.
- Re-test if you think you are at risk or if your result is out of date – but do it soon!
- Continue social distancing and good hygiene, stay within your known cohorts, as you have been.
- Seasonal residents should try to get flu shots off-Island, although we will gear up for more requests than usual (in a normal year, we do about 100).
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the IHP Off-Season Census do not hesitate to reach out via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. With your help, we can continue to protect the Fishers Island community.
Resources: To find all the Fishers Island information, please visit this link: COVID-19
As always, do not hesitate to call or text Dr. Ingram at 917-903-3516 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and need medical advice.
Contact tracing team: FICOVID@FIIHP.NET
Island Health Project (IHP): IHP office, MyChart or ordering a test follow the DIY instructions first, then call the 631-788-7244 or email email@example.com.