Post #1045 provided a lovely Grab & Go dinner for the veterans on Fishers Island the evening of Veterans’ Day, November 11, 2020.
Volunteer host Kim Peabody called each vet to invite them to partake and to let them make their choices of delicious homemade soup, which was served alongside homemade bread, tossed salad, and cookies.
Thank you to all the cooks who graciously
and generously provided the heartwarming menu.
- Chicken, Vegetable, Barley Soup, and Cookies by Kim Peabody
- White Bean Chicken Chili by Sue Lusker
- Italian Sausage Soup by Karla Heath
- Creamy Spicey Beef Nacho Soup by Robin Toldo
- Fish Chowder by Gail Cypherd
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup by Jane Ahrens
- Pumpernickle Bread by Jimmy Ski
- along with a Tossed Salad and Corn Bread
Thank you to the Beach Plum for the Grab & Go bags for each veteran.
Thank our vets when you see them!
John Ski, Joe Rogan, Bill Faulkner, Ernie Middleton, Jim Wall, Tim Patterson, Joe Brock, Patty Walker, Larry Horn, Chris Ingram, Ed Scroxton, Tom Cashel, Michael Simoncini, John Doucette, Bob Rogers, Chip du Pont, and Tom Doherty.
Please text Patty at 404-694-1054 if we should add anyone to the list above.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 the Post was not able to host the veterans and their guests for a sitdown dinner this year as the Fishers Island Legion was able to do in 2019. This was a wonderful solution!