Fishers Island Electric Corporation, Fishers Island, NY is Seeking Exceptional, Experienced, and Dedicated Linemen to Live the Island Life!
Are you looking for a place to call home where you are surrounded by incredible ocean views? Do you want to work with teammates who understand what teamwork means and demonstrate commitment every day to their community? Come join the amazing team at Fishers Island where you will be welcomed into our close-knit community. We offer a competitive salary, signing bonus, matching 401k, and great insurance! Even better, we also offer new company housing, relocation assistance and a company dock where you can anchor your boat for free! Fishers Island Utility is a highly unique company in an amazing location where you and your family can become part of a community in which everyone genuinely cares for one another!
How you’ll spend your day:
- Performing all aspects of electric overhead and underground construction and maintenance
- Responding to emergencies after hours and on weekends in all weather conditions
- Performing the physical aspects of line construction and maintenance
- Performing Distribution and Transmission Switching to accommodate repairs and clearances
- Locating system faults and make repairs in primary and secondary lines
- Replacing broken or faulty equipment on poles and in underground equipment
- Testing voltage loads on transformers
- Installing transformers and places into operation
- Performing work on energized lines
- Applying Federal, State and Fishers Island Utilities safety regulations
What you bring to the team:
- Advanced knowledge of the electric line industry
- Electrical systems principles, voltage requirements, equipment, installation, and maintenance
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated positivity, strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Commitment to work safely and provide high quality customer service
- Dedication to learning and sharing knowledge with teammates
What a career with Fishers Island Electric Corporation can offer you:
- Working with a unique team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community where you can tap into the power of your potential
- The opportunity to work for an organization serving its community since 1918
- Excellent benefits and perks
- A work culture where collaboration, dedication and work ethic are outstanding
- A community you will want to call home
This position requires the successful candidates to live on Fishers Island
Candidates must be a certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card, have a valid CDL Class A driver’s license, and have at least two to four years’ experience working as a journey level line technician.
ATTENTION: Fishers Island Electric Corporation is considered an essential business delivering critical services to our community. During the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, interviews for positions may leverage remote technology solutions, to include the enhanced use of email, telephone, and video solutions where possible. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled. Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, Fishers Island Electric Corporation offers a variety of benefits. For more information on our benefits, visit https://careers.fiuc.net.
MUST MAINTAIN JOURNEYMAN LINEPERSON
CDL CLASS A LICENSE
About Fishers Island Electric Corporation
Fishers Island Electric CompanyThe Fishers Island Electric Corporation provides electricity to 914 meters for Fishers Island residents and businesses. We perform maintenance service and repairs of the electricity distribution system including 383 distribution transformers, 5.6 circuit miles of armored submarine type bulk supply cables, and approximately 9 circuit miles of overhead and underground distribution cables. The Island is served power via two under-water submarine distribution cables