September 22, 2020
Now that we are in the windier time of year, and due to the fact we do not have a permanent structure to hold items in, on Friday, September 25, the Waste Management District will no longer be taking small items for our swap area. All small items will be disposed of in the dumpsters.
We will continue to accept large items of furniture.
We would like to thank everyone for the items brought to us and for those who enjoyed “shopping”.
With the current situation of the churches having their thrift shops open on a limited basis this summer, the District has agreed to designate an area of the Compost Station to provide a locality for residents to leave items that others might be interested in.
In order to do this and allow normal operations to continue, we ask visitors to follow a few rules:
1) ALWAYS STOP TO TELL THE ATTENDANT THAT YOU ARE THERE TO “DROP” or “SHOP”. Do not drive past the Attendant! If it is your first visit, you will be told where to park. There are signs set up.
2) When dropping off items, please put the items near the collection area. We will arrange them. This will allow some sense of order.
3) Please do not drop off an item that is broken. Those items should be discarded in the designated dumpsters. If unsure, ask.
4) When visiting the shop: please park in the designated area. Remember, other people will be there to discard waste items and you should not be blocking the drop off areas.
5) Please limit your visit to 15 minutes. It is not that big an area and it should not take that long to look. Remember, others may be waiting to visit also.
6) Please remember to social distance and to wear a mask. Let’s all stay healthy.
7) There is no “Holding” an item. It is first come, first serve. We do not have the space to be holding items that someone might be interested in. If you want it, take it! You can always bring it back.
8) Due to our limited area, we will try to keep items available as long as possible. However, we will be going through and discarding items that have been “sitting too long”.
9) Please try not to visit between 11:30 and 12, as the station is getting ready to close for lunch; and 4:00 and 4:30 as the station is going through its closing process.
10) PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE COURTEOUS TO DISTRICT EMPLOYEES AND OTHER VISTORS. The District is doing this for free and to help keep items out of the waste stream. Please do not ruin this for everyone else.
Providing a locality for residents to leave items that others might be interested in, while the Rummage and Thrify are unable to accept items.