Because of the pandemic and NY State COVID-19 protocols, graduation will be very limited this year. The great news is that it can be held for the seniors and will take place outside and on campus. Please review the following information, and congratulate the graduates when you see them.
CELEBRATING THE CLASS OF 2020
Date and Time: Friday, June 26, 2020 at 5:15pmLocation: Outdoor Field at Fishers Island School
Transportation: The school will be chartering the Fishers Island Ferry to transport graduates and guests in their vehicles. The ferry will arrive to Fishers Island at the start of the ceremony and will depart immediately following the ceremony (approx. 1 hour in length).
Guests: ONLY Graduates, parents of graduates, siblings of graduates, faculty and staff members (optional attendance), photographer, state and local law enforcement members.
Miscellaneous Safety Procedures and Comments:
- Graduates and faculty/staff will be seated at least 6 feet apart.
- Cohorts will be seated by family (living in the same home) at a socially acceptable distance.
- All guests must RSVP prior to the ceremony.
- All attendees are required to wear masks throughout the duration of the ceremony.
- Guests must be fever free and in good health (no fever for at least 48 hours).
- Multiple microphones and no “handing off” of diplomas by staff members to students.
- Access to restroom will be granted on an individual basis.
- No food or beverages served.
- Individuals will be stationed to secure the area.
- Ceremony will be video recorded and posted to watch after the ceremony.
Community Car Parade
This will follow the ceremony, so please line up as you would for a ferry, at 6:10 pm. Listen for 9 quick boat horn toots and that will be the signal that the graduation ceremony is over and it is time to begin the car parade up the road, past the school field to the front of the building! The more the merrier!