The Fishers Island Post Office will be sending a notice and PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service to all box holders asking that everyone register their post office box, including each individual that receives mail in that box on Fishers. This must be done within 10 days of receiving the notice. Please contact Gail or Allison with any questions at (631) 788-7835 or Gail.T.Utterback-Mills@usps.gov . Once you have received notice, please bring a copy of this notice and the PS Form 1093 to the Fishers Island Post Office when you register.USPS PO Box Verification Notice
POST OFFICE BOX CUSTOMER
The Domestic Mail Manual, section 508.4 addresses requirements relative to PO Box customers and their responsibility to maintain their PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service. The section includes the following:
- The applicant must complete all required items on PS Form 1093
- When any information required on PS Form 1093 changes, the box customer must update the application on file at the Post Office.
To help eliminate fraud and possible identity theft, Postal regulations require that PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service, contain current information for each box holder. Additionally, Postal Regulations require that each Post Office Box Customer receiving mail in a Post Office Box be listed on the PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service and each person must have two forms of verifiable identification prior to mail delivery commencing. Our regulations require that PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service, contain updated current information for each box holder.
This notice is being provided to you because required information on your current PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service, is either outdated or missing. Please present this letter to any window clerk at the post office within 10 days of receipt. When you do so, you will be asked to:Show two types of acceptable identification, one bearing your photograph. The identification presented must be current, contain sufficient information to confirm your identity, and must show your street address. Acceptable identification includes:
- Valid driver’s license
- State non-driver’s license
- Armed forces or government ID
- University or recognized corporation ID
- Alien registration card
- Certificate of naturalization
- Current lease or mortgage
- Deed of trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- Home or vehicle insurance policy
Note: Credit cards, social security cards and birth certificates are not acceptable forms of identification.
- Update information such as the street address of where you currently reside
- Update names of individuals receiving mail at your PO Box number. Note: Each person over the age of 18 that receives mail in the post office box must accompany you to the post office and provide two types of ID.
The information required on your PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service, is for your protection and the protection of others.