Captain T. A. Scott: Legendary Master Diver and Wrecker – Lecture by Pierce Rafferty
Learn more about New London’s favorite captain and Race Rock Lighthouse builder.
Sunday, November 29 at 2:00 PM (new date)
New London Maritime Society ~ Custom House Maritime Museum
150 Bank Street, New London, CT
Two years ago, Pierce Rafferty, director of Fishers Island’s Henry L. Ferguson Museum, loaned us his authoritative exhibition on the building of Race Rock Light; the lighthouse was constructed between 1871 and 1878 by New London’s Captain T. A. Scott.
Pierce will be back on Sunday, November 29 at 2 PM, to present an illustrated lecture that examines the full sweep of Captain Scott’s extraordinary career both in marine construction and salvaging countless wrecks in the region during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.