is hiring a Fellowship Coordinator.
A job description can be found below.
Please send a resume and a single page cover letter addressing your interest in the
position to Nate@thelighthouseworks.com by December 15, 2018.
At Lighthouse Works, the Fellowship Coordinator reports to the Program Director, and will play a large role in facilitating a successful deployment of our Fellowship Program. A successful Fellowship Coordinator will be self-motivated, outward facing, highly organized and possess a demonstrated commitment to supporting artists in the creation of their work as well as a strong belief that the arts have the power to improve the vitality of our communities. They will be equally capable of working productively in an office and rolling up their sleeves and assisting artists in their studios. A willingness to live on-site on Fishers Island is required.
The “Fellowship Coordinator” is primarily focused on the hospitality aspects of the Fellowship Program. They are responsible for creating a welcoming and supportive environment for our Fellows from the moment they are accepted into the program until the last day of their fellowship. In addition, they will be responsible for helping to develop and deploy a “Community Ambassadors” program. Specifically, the Fellowship Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Distribute and track informational and legal documents to Fellows
- Distribute entrance survey and conduct entrance interviews with each fellow
- Manage artists’ pre-arrival correspondence and travel planning
- Prepare the Hoffort House for Fellows Arrival
During the Fellowship
- Oversee the weekly housekeeping at the Hoffort House and monthly maintenance of the grounds
- Facilitate a positive and supportive environment for all Fellows at the Residence
- Manage the organization’s Kitchen Program – stocking the fridge weekly and interfacing with the Village Market to meet the dietary needs of our Fellows
- Cook dinner at Lighthouse Works two days/week
- Maintain the safety and functionality of the Hoffort House
- Manage all internal activities and scheduling needs for fellows
- Solve challenges and questions that arise daily
- Assist artists in locating materials and manage human resources for projects
- Assist with set-up, hospitality and tear down at all fellowship related events
Community Ambassadors Program
- Recruit members of our community to host weekly, Fishers Island centric activities.
- Maintain positive relationships with key partners on Fishers Island
- Schedule Ambassador outings and document all outcomes
Administration / Operations
- Participate in the weekly staff meeting
Development and Governance
- Attend and assist in the preparation and operations of all FI development events
- Assist the ED with cultivating positive relations with all current and prospective supporters
START DATE AND EXPECTED WORKLOAD
Position Starts: January 1, 2019
Interim Period: January 1, 2019 – June 1, 2019
2-year Contract: June 1, 2019 – June 1, 2021
January to March: 15 hours per week
March to December: 30 hours per week
$27,000 annual salary + $3,000 health care contributionPRINTABLE JOB DESCRIPTION