FISHERS ISLAND ELECTRIC CORPORATION
161 ORIENTAL AVE # 604
FISHERS ISLAND, NEW YORK 06390
631 788 7251
July 12, 2017
Fishers Island Electric Corporation is accepting employment applications for the position of a part-time seasonal general laborer.
The Fishers Island Electric Corporation is looking for a part-time/seasonal general laborer to participate in our daily operations and duties; you must be able to perform work according to applicable Federal and State safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Receive and unload any freight deliveries.
– Assist supervisor and coworkers in contract jobbing.
– Clean and maintain interior/exterior electric property grounds.
– Perform a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities.
– Coordinates with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
– Transports a variety of tools, equipment, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
– Maintain Electrical right-aways and easements.
Must be physically fit and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, must have excellent communication skills when dealing with co-workers and the general public. Must pass a background check and have a valid Motor Vehicle license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; handle or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and/or hear. The employee must be able to carry and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to high voltage hazards and extreme weather conditions as well as construction sites. The employee may be required to work after hour emergencies, trouble calls, and power restoration.
Fishers Island Utility Co.