The Board of Commissioners of the Fishers Island Ferry District
is requesting applicants for a Freight Staff position.
The following are the requirements of the position:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurately receive and verify freight shipments
- Maintain inventory of freight received and delivered
- Repetitive lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Ability and/or certification to operate forklift and vehicles
- Ability to use math and learn freight tracking and accounting software
- Intermediate computer skills
- Sell tickets
The position is primarily based on Fishers Island. The Ferry District operates seven days per week and 14 hours per day. Weekend and evening work is required. Forty hours per week. Some overtime may be required.
Interested parties should send a letter of interest or a preliminary application to:
Fishers Island Ferry District
Attn. FI Freight Position
P.O. Box 607
Fishers Island, New York 06390
Preliminary Applications can be obtained at either terminal or at www.fiferry.com.
Please direct any questions to the Ferry District business office at (631) 788-7463.