The Board of Commissioners of the Fishers Island Ferry District is requesting applicants for a
full-time permanent Freight Agent position.
The following are the requirements of the position:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurately receive and verify freight shipments
- Maintain inventory of freight received and delivered
- Repetitive lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Ability and/or certification to operate forklift and vehicles (on job training is available)
- Ability to use math and learn freight tracking and accounting software
- Intermediate computer skills
Benefits: Generous health and dental plans. Family housing is available.
Position is primarily based on Fishers Island. The Ferry District operates seven days per week and 14 hours per day. Forty hours per week. Some overtime may be required. Some weekend work is required.
Interested parties should send a letter of interest or a preliminary application to:
Fishers Island Ferry District
Attn. FI Freight Agent
P.O. Box 607
Fishers Island, New York 06390
Preliminary Applications can be obtained at either the Fishers Island or New London terminal or at www.fiferry.com. Please direct any questions to the Ferry District business office at (631) 788-7463.