STEM/Technology Education Teacher (1.0 FTE)
- Promote, support and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness
Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and other resources
- Design, develop and evaluate learning experiences incorporating effective, contemporary tools and resources to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes identified in the NY state and national standards
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and talents
- Enable all students to pursue individual interests and become active participants in setting their own educational goals and managing their own learning
- Exhibit STEAM and ISTE knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- Continuously improve professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit school leadership by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of technological tools and resources
Requirements – Eligibility for NY State Certification as a STEM and/or Technology Education Teacher
Benefits – Highly competitive salary and benefits per teacher contract.
Start Date – August 27, 2018 – Applications will be reviewed upon receipt
Location of Assignment – Fishers Island School, Fishers Island, New York. Our small class sizes and commitment to personalized instruction and the Schoolwide Enrichment Model enable teachers to create an environment in which students are highly motivated and actively engaged learners.
Applications – Interested, qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, certification and three letters of reference by August 10, 2018, to: Principal Christian Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fishers Island School website: www.fischool.com