January 18, 2015, 10 am
Working Session (closed to the public)
Fishers Island Community Center, Conference Room
Directors present, in the room: Heather Burnham (year-round), Matthew Edwards (Walsh Park), Tom O’Neil (seasonal/President), Dicky Riegel (seasonal), Marc Rubenstein (IHP), Candace Whitman (year-round).
Directors present, on the phone: Chris Finan (Utility Co.), Mark Gaumond (FIDCO), Harry Parker (Ferry Dist.).
Directors absent: Peter Brinckerhoff (seasonal), Joe Brock (Fire Dist.), Louisa Evans (Town Justice, ex officio), Karen Goodwin (School Dist.), Nate Malinowski (year-round), Tim Patterson (Waste Mgmt. Dist.).
Staff present: Elizabeth Burnham (Secretary)
- At 10:05, President Tom O’Neil opened the meeting and welcomed those in attendance. There not being a quorum immediately present, discussion moved to the Finance Committee’s timeline for securing financing for 2016.
- The Board confirmed its approval of the Finance Committee’s plans, including its dues thresholds, as voted upon at the November 28, 2015, meeting.
- With one-third of the directors present, including at least one seasonal and one year-round director, a quorum was established. Heather Burnham moved to accept the minutes from November 28, 2015 without amendment, Harry Parker seconded, and in a unanimous voice vote, the motion passed.
- At 10:35, the Board moved into a closed working session to establish its 2016 goals.
- At 11:45,there being no further business to discuss, President Tom O’Neil moved the Board out of its working session and adjourned the meeting.