The 22nd Annual Fishers Island Churches Golf Classic will be held on Sunday, May 20, 2018. The Fishers Island Churches Golf Classic is a golf tournament held for the benefit of the three Island churches. The tournament is supported by the community through donations of time, gifts, tee sponsorships, auction items and tournament proceeds. The money raised from this tournament is split between the three churches.
Golfers come from all over to play in this prestigious event held on the Fishers Island Club golf course. The day’s events include a BBQ before the tournament, 18 holes of golf competition, awards ceremony after the tournament at The Pequot and dinner available for purchase. The final chance to bid on auction items will be held live at The Pequot after the tournament. Proxies for on-line bidders available, see website for more details.
Even if you are not a golfer you can help by:
- Buying raffle tickets for our great prizes which include 4 tickets to the Yankees/Red Sox game, Fishers Island Oysters, $200 landscaping gift certificate, Massage by Healing Hands, Flowering tree planted on Island, Fuel gift certificate, Dinner for 4 at the Pequot Inn, plus more.
- Going on line at fichurchesclassic.com, clicking on “Go To Online Auction” and bidding on the auction items. Items include: Tournament Teams (5 players) to play in the May 20th tournament; Home Garbage Pickup for 2018; A Private Tour of the Intrepid for six; 2 Group sessions at Tiggy’s Health Studio, an Overnight Stay and Dinner for 2 at the Spicer Mansion, and (4) Yankees box seat tickets next to the Yankees dugout. Check often, more to come.
- Donating an auction item.
- Becoming a sponsor with a financial donation made out to the FI Churches Golf Tournament and sent to P.O. Box 625, Fishers Island, NY 06390.
- Making a donation to the newly established Charlie Ferguson Award, a permanent plaque with the names of winning team players. This plaque will be on display at the Community Center and will be updated each year. Make your donation out to the FI Churches Golf Classic Tournament with “Charlie Ferguson” on the memo line of your check.
- Supplying prizes for the event.
- Volunteering to sell raffle tickets.
- Volunteering at the tournament itself.
If there are any questions, contact any committee member. The committee includes: Laurie Finan, Joe Rogan, Gail Cypherd, Diane Dexter, Matt Edwards, Dirk Harris, John Klimczak and Ace Ahrens. We are always looking for volunteers to help, especially the day of the tournament. Contact Laurie Finan at 860-803-2963 if you can help. We always welcome volunteers to serve on the committee.
This is a wonderful way to support our Fishers Island Community.
See you there…