We can’t believe we’re already halfway through summer already!
July was a busy month, and we’re excited to announce that many of our July programs are returning for an August edition:
- Kindersculls, August 8-12, in morning and afternoon sessions. It’s boatloads of fun – just check out our intern’s story of his visit in July!
- Howard Park painting classes, August 8-12, for all who want to capture the beauty of Fishers Island in oil and watercolors.
- Adult yoga with Kapri, every Monday and Wednesday at 5 pm and every Saturday morning at 10 am. Not sure if you can handle it? Talk to Kapri about modifications!
- Kidding Around Yoga, Monday afternoons (with Miss Kapri) and Wednesday mornings (with Miss Kapri and a caretaker). Buy a package of classes, and get a t-shirt and CD to take home!
- Duplicate Bridge games, Thursday afternoons – an ACBL-sanctioned game that awards master points.
- Mah Jongg games, Monday afternoons – get clacking with this Chinese tile game!
Lest we forget, the Summer Olympics start August 6th, and the Community Center will be hosting an open screening of the Games during NBC’s primetime coverage every evening from 7-10 P.M. in the multi-purpose room. Bring your friends and your Team USA gear! Meanwhile, we will be hosting a few competitions inspired by Olympic events:
- 3-on-3 Basketball
- Table Tennis
- 2000 Meter Rowing (it’s an erg-off!)
- 100-yard Dash on August 21st, the last day of the Olympics
Prizes will be awarded to the victors of each competition. More info can be found soon on our office windows.
We’ll be keeping you posted on everything else we’re working on via our new website and some old-fashioned whiteboards, and we’re always interested in hearing your ideas.
We can’t wait to see you this August!
Elizabeth Burnham, Director